| IT Law & Data Protection
The firm assists clients in tackling all the legal issues surrounding the most innovative system solutions from the initial strategic decision, through contract negotiations to post-contract relationship management. Our awareness of the inherent dangers and risks involved makes us uniquely qualified to help our clients mitigate or avoid them altogether. We assess the legal risks, help to safeguard our client’s interests and aid legal certainty and compliance.
Furthermore, our firm offers legal advice regarding all aspects of data protection issues in a range of industry sectors, including human resources, marketing and e-commerce, as well as data security issues (medical records, energy, etc.). We advise our clients on matters related to business confidential and sensitive information, as well as the protection of classified information (banking secrecy). Our services include:
- Addressing any issues or questions of law relating to your organisation;
- Advising on collection and use of personal data – review of your existing procedures maintained within your organisation;
- Examination of the controls adopted as to the manner for collecting and processing personal data;
- Advising on compliance with data protection laws;
- Drafting or reviewing of your existing privacy policies;
- Issuing of legal opinions on any related matters;
- Advising on export of personal data to countries outside the EEA;
- Drafting and filing with Cyprus Commissioner for Personal Data Protection of various forms required for notification purposes or for the transfer of personal data to third countries;
- Advising on Binding Corporate Rules and Model Clauses;
- Drafting terms and conditions of use of websites and applications;
- Preparing notifications of processing activities and submitting them to the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office.